|EG Ceramics started selling tiles
and ceramics as an additional product to the company's successful
glass and decorating business.
Stanley Richards set up Everton Glass back in 1947 and his sons Alan
and Stan joined forces with him in the 1960s. The sons helped their
father develop the glass and decorating business and took the bold
step of branching out into a market that was then in its infancy -
Grandson, and business partner, Jonathan Richards regards EG Ceramics
as a natural progression for the business, although it was quite a
new thing when his grandfather, father and uncle set up a small shop
selling tiles 24 years ago. It was a bit of a gamble, but the family
behind EG Ceramics has always had the entrepreneurial spirit. Everton
Glass was always well known in the area and soon EG Ceramics became
well known, too.
A second tile shop was added to the group until, in 1991, the business
had grown so much that EG Ceramics consolidated under one roof in
a 10,000 square feet warehouse on Belmont Road.
Finally, in 2000 EG Ceramics has escalated into one of the largest
tile retailers in the north west and has a 40,000 square feet warehouse
to house tiles from around the globe and the Belmont Road premises
has been transformed into a stylish tile showroom.